How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Got some landscaping things at Hobby Lobby today


This grass mat is the only kind they had. I would rather have gotten the kind that has better grass, but this will do for now, and I have a lot of Woodland Scenics stuff that I've had for years to add more texture to it.

The two items above the grass mat are some fake bamboo that looks quite real, and some model railroad talus that I think will be good for pathways.

Below that are some tiny tree like things that will help give dimension to the flat ground, and some little flower cluster things. One package has colors on top like little flowers, and the other is plain green. I figured I could dip the plain green ones into flowersoft and make them look like anything I want.

I also got some celluclay to mold a pool, some realistic water, some stones from the floral section that will be nice in the landscaping, some florist wire, both paper covered and plain green, and a tiny Japanese bridge.

The last things I bought were six sizes of brass tubes so I can try to make fake bamboo pipes for the hand washing basin. I bought the tubes that can be bent, and also some tube bending things that look like springs for bending them. I don't know whether or not I'll ever need to bend tubes, but I might want to try making my own lamps, so I bought them just in case.

I also picked up some miniature bath towels that I will be able to cut smaller to put into the spa cubbyholes. Unfortunately, Hobby Lobby didn't have any basswood, so I probably won't be able to make a smaller kimono rack.

I got some things for my greeting cardmaking too, but since this is about the dollhouse, I didn't photograph that stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you cleaned the place out! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Can you get your hands on some coffee stirrers for the racks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodi, I've just been reading about the Realistic Water, and it has to be climate controlled. Since our shop is unheated, and the temperatures have been in the 40's and 50's lately, I may have to wait until we close the shop in a couple of weeks and play with the water at home. It also reacts strangely with some products, so I will research some more before I use it. Luckily, the other stuff will keep me busy for a while!

      I do have coffee stirrers, but I made the rack out of 1/16th basswood, 1/32x1/16th basswood, and some hardwood dollhouse molding, so I will probably have to send for more stuff, unless I find more of the basswood. The real kimono racks are really delicate looking, so I don't think the coffee stirrers I have will work.

      I hope I can work on the landscaping tomorrow, and just map out where I want the water to be for later!

      Delete