How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Making more flowers for the ryokan


Today I worked on the retaining walls, added more moss, and made more flowers. The purple ones are the new ones I made today, but I also made a few more tiny daisies to go with them. The daisies are from a kit.

I still have a lot more to do on the retaining walls, but you have to let the glue dry some before doing too much, or everything shifts around. I use GE Silicone Glue. It used to be really easy to get this glue in places like Walmart, but they stopped selling it around here. It comes in a tube like the silicone calking, and is great for gluing dimensional things, because it sort of cups around whatever you are gluing. I also use it to attach dimensional flowers to my cards. I've tried to get Walmart to reorder it, but no dice. The same thing with Home Depot. They won't order it either, so I stock up on it whenever I happen to see it.

I started a bunch of new flowers as well, but those aren't finished yet.


These are the purple flowers shown in the picture above. I decided to make them using the flower punch I used yesterday to make the irises.

We have so many purple asters blooming all over the island now, and those are what inspired me to make these flowers. Even though the punch is really tiny, it still made flowers that are way to big to be asters in 1/20th scale, so they are just purple flowers for this scene. I used bright yellow craft paint applied with a piece of floral wire for the centers of the flowers.


To make the leaves, I decided to use this snowflake punch, which probably came from Hobby Lobby. It works really well for leaves, just cut each point of the snowflake, and adhere them to the stem!

No comments:

Post a Comment