How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Working on outdoor steps and paths


I was trying to figure out how to make steps to go up to the entrance to the ryokan. I decided to make some "granite" to contain crushed stone. The wooden framework doesn't look much like granite, and the steps are still too high, so I am going to try making some air dry clay stones to go against the foam, and see how that looks. I'll camouglage the foam when I've decided what more the steps need.


This shows the steps from a distance. I forgot I was going to use stepping stones for paths, and made a crushed stone path up as far as the little bridge.


I added a few of my Celluclay stepping stones on the other side of the bridge. I think they'll work okay. They look quite nice in person. I'll work on garden features as I add the stepping stones. The pool still isn't dry, so I couldn't do anything more to that yet. Eventually, it will have moss, irises, and things like that around it. I'm also thinking about making a little wooden platform with two levels on the right hand side of the pool. The higher level will be even with the top of the pool walls and the level above it, and the lower level will be just above the surface of the pool. That will make it easier for the guests to get into the onsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment