How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Made some running "water"

Before I did anything today, I added more stones to the retaining walls on the sides of the ryokan, and added more moss. Adding those is tedious, but if I keep doing a little every day, pretty soon it will be finished.


I added a couple of the "streams of water" I made last night with the Liquid Nails Clear Sealant to the water basin, and it looks quite good in person. I don't know whether or not I will need to do anything more to it or not. It will all depend on how it looks when the sealant I used to glue it to the "pipes" and the "water" dries.


What I did here was dumb, but most of you probably know how it is when a family member comes in from out of the blue, and decides to cause a lot of trouble. Anyway, that is what has been happening in my life for a few months now, and things are getting worse, so tonight I wasn't thinking right when I worked on the pond.

I adhered the waterfall to the little stream above, then started to pour the Realistic Water into the pond. Right after I started pouring, I remembered that I should have trimmed the waterfall to look natural. Anyway, the waterfall is propped up in the air on a tacky wax container which is sitting on the deck. I'll have to let that layer of water dry before I can measure and trim the waterfall. The Liquid Nails Sealant that I made the waterfall out of must be really sticky, because I couldn't get the waterfall off of the wax paper. It looks okay, and if it needs it, I'll just add a little more sealant to cover up any wax paper that might show when it's finished.

The pond is milky because I just poured the "water". It has still been drying crystal clear. (Fingers crossed)!


I've also been adding more to the path behind the pond. It looks much fuller in person than it does in the photo for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I came to catch up this morning, and you have gotten so much done!!! It is all looking fabulous! You are being so patient with the water and waterfall that I know it will turn out perfectly! The path looks full of interest to me, though I know when you stare at something for days you can start to pick it apart. Trust me - it looks charming! The arbour is such a great idea, and I love how full you're making it - the landscape and gardens will be beautiful when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much again Jodi. You are always so encouraging!

      As you know, making so many paper flowers gets tedious really fast, and mine are no where near as detailed as yours, but when I add them to the landscaping, they really do make a huge difference!

      Most of the time, I'm not in a big rush to get things done, I'd rather just enjoy the process and take my time. It's just that every once in a while, I get that feeling of not wanting to work on it for a while because I don't want to even look at another piece of landscaping again. I'm glad that feeling only lasts for a day or so!

      Delete