How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Bought more landscaping materials for the ryokan

Yesterday we had to go back to Bangor, Maine. Since it was a Saturday, we stopped at Hobby Lobby, even though it was late when we finished what we went for. I was hoping to get some of the Woodland Scenics Water Effects so I could make some waterfalls and things, but unfortunately, our Hobby Lobby doesn't carry it, and doesn't plan on getting it, so I guess I will have to look for it on line. While I was there, I picked up some more landscaping material I was interested in, and more of some of the things I was running out of.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer than it was on Friday, so hopefully I will be able to go down to the shop for a few hours. I dread bringing everything home, because it's a lot of work, and our house is very small!

Anyway, by the time I got out of Hobby Lobby, it was getting dark, and we were tired, so we thought we'd spend the night up there. Unfortunately, there were no rooms anywhere, so we went as far as Ellsworth. No rooms there either, in any of the better motels. We ended up taking the last room available, and it was in a dump, but at least we didn't have to drive all the way home late at night. The bed linens were old but clean, but the shower was disgusting, so we didn't get to shower after the long day on Saturday.

Anyway, after I got home tonight, I found some more Japanese landscaping books in .pdf form on the Library of Congress site, and read those for a while. Now I think I'm going to have to build an extension for the yard so I can have a tea house in the garden!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment