How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Didn't do too much on the ryokan today

I decided to try a craft show again this year. For the last few years, a lot of us have been lucky to make enough to pay for our tables, but at the last minute, I decided to keep my space. I'm only going to have one table this year, and my mother isn't going at all. Rather than bringing lots of things with me, I'm going to try displaying only my greeting cards. Those usually seem to get lost in all my other stuff, so this year I want to showcase them. It will also mean that it will be much easier to set up. Rather than lugging tons of heavy buckets, it will just be the cards. I have a lot of them, so it will be no problem filling the table.

Anyway, one of the biggest sellers in my shop are some some plain white ones with lots of embossing, so I started working on making more of those, more cards geared toward guys, and Christmas cards.

For the last hour, I worked on hanging my copper things on the pot hanger I made yesterday, and filling some shelves. I took this picture as we were closing up, and when I looked at the photo, I discovered that I had moved one of the beams on the kitchen ceiling yesterday when I hung the pot hanger.

I had a hard time hanging it yesterday, because it's on the ceiling, and gravity was trying to defy me. Anyway, we will only be able to stay open for another week or so, because it's getting too cold. I've decided to bring the ryokan home for the winter so I can still work on it, so I will wait until then to fix the ceiling. Since I will have to unglue the pot hanger, it will be easier to fix if I empty the bottom floor out and turn it over so I can really see what I am doing.


These are the pots hanging. The gobs of wax are too big right now, but the pots were falling every time I tried to hang a new one, so I over did the wax. I'll work on those as well when I get the house home.

I took the photo fast as we were closing up, and didn't notice that the table was out of place, and that there is sawdust all over the floor from when I hung the light. I was also in the process of rearranging the back shelves. Those are going to be changed as well, I was just trying different things with them.

The outside onsen is still very wet, so I couldn't do anything with that. I should have waited to play with the Celluclay, but I didn't realize it doesn't dry well when the temperatures are in the high thirties to low fifties. The stepping stones I made yesterday are still wet as well. Anyway, I think I will be happy with the pot hanger, and even though the shelves aren't the way I want them yet, I think I am going to like them with food things on them. I also have found photos on the internet, and have decided what I want for stairs going up to the front of the ryokan!

No comments:

Post a Comment