How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Bamboo and a waterfall


I bought a couple of packages of "bamboo" a couple of weeks ago at Hobby Lobby. I really couldn't figure out where I wanted to use it. It had to be somewhere where it wouldn't be knocked off, so it couldn't be near the edge of the landscaping. Tonight, I decided it could be placed to act as a screen for the kitchen door.

It was sort of bothering me that I was making such a nice garden, with a seating area just outside the kitchen door. Now the bamboo will help separate the kitchen from the garden. Sometimes there have to be compromises with such a small area to landscape, and such a large house. It would have been easier to just have the bare minimum of landscaping, but I really wanted to make it into a pretty garden, so the garden is really a smaller scale than the house, and sometimes things aren't located in the best area, such as the bench near the kitchen door. Several of the visitors to our shop call it artistic license and say it looks fine the way it is, which makes me feel better about it.


This photo isn't great, but I wanted to take the picture before I added another layer of water. I trimmed the waterfall, and took the picture before I poured the water. Now there is another layer of water, and the bottom of the waterfall is just below the surface. The sealant I used to make the waterfall apparently isn't as dimensional as Water Effects would have been, but hopefully tomorrow, when I add "rough water" at the bottom of the waterfall, I can also add more to the "running water" so it looks better. It looks like the extra layer of water I added tonight after I took the photo will be enough so I don't have to add more. We'll see how it looks tomorrow when it has set up.

You can just see the bamboo in the top of the photo.

I also made some more flowers. They are representative of the lupine that grow all over the island where I live. I'll try to get them all finished and installed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment