How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

More work on the pond and gardens

This morning I spent a long time looking at Japanese Tea Houses on the internet. I really think I'm going to have to do something on the left hand side of the ryokan so I will have room to add one.

Most of the day was spent off the island, getting groceries and things we need for the real house. We didn't get back until late. In fact, it was already dark when we got to the grocery store an hour away from here.

I think that one of the most depressing things about fall and winter, is that it is dark so early now, and we aren't even on standard time yet. Living in Eastern Maine, we see the sun first in the morning, but it is dark by 4:00 pm in December and January, and that is too early!!!


Anyway, when I got home, after dinner, I added more landscaping to the middle level on the right hand side. I sort of wish I had waited. It was late, and I just used some premade stuff I bought at Hobby Lobby. I think I will change those flat grass like plants and make it more interesting back there. This level is almost done, but I still need to add more stones and moss to the retaining wall.


Then I made more waterlilies, and added some more moss to the rocks around the pond.

I'm getting very excited about working on the left hand side, and it won't be long now before I can start it!

No comments:

Post a Comment