How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Did more work on the landscaping

I worked on the landscaping a lot today, but what I did doesn't look like much, so I took some photos from different angles.

I added more Realistic Water to the pond. Most of the fish are covered now, but it doesn't look much different in photos than it did yesterday, so I'll wait to upload more pictures of that when it really shows.

I also made quite a few more flowers, most of which are sitting in the styrofoam drying.


This photo shows the top of the pergola. I still have more to do on it, but it's coming along. It will eventually be on the path on the left hand side of the ryokan.

I also started adding foliage to those formal hedges up near the "slate" walkway close to the ryokan. I may add some "flowers" to some of the bushes once I get more done, and blend them in better with the hedge part. I think they will be acceptable when I get them done.


This is an overview of part of the path behind the pond. It's what I have been making flowers for. It still needs a lot of filling in, but it's coming along. A lot of things I am doing now feel kind of tedious. Making an endless amount of flowers, and I really need to finish up some of the stone retaining walls on the sides of the building, plus fill in those and the stones around the pond with moss. I've done so much of that, that it isn't very inspiring to do, but it looks nice when it's done.

I also tried making some waterfalls for the pond, and "water" to come out of the spouts in the water basin using some Liquid Nails Clear Sealant. I got it at Walmart on Sunday, and it's supposed to be clearer than silicone, but it sure is hard to get it to squirt out of the tube, and it's really lumpy. Sometimes I think Walmart gets old products, because when they used to sell the silicone glue, sometimes it was almost impossible to get out of the tube, and was quite firm and didn't stick well, while at other times, it was really nice to use. Since Liquid Nails is supposed to be a good product, I'm thinking it might have been an old tube. I doubt that either product would vary so much from tube to tube. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the waterfalls come out when they are dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment