How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Friday, October 7, 2016

A deck for the onsen and flowers


Today I added some flowers to some of the moss in the rock wall. I think I went a little overboard on the flowers though! The flowers are Flowersoft, and got rather messy, spilling over onto the ground below.


This is the little deck I made to make it easier for guests to get into the onsen. The deck is actually four separate planks, but you can't really see it in the photo, then there is one step below. Everyone kept telling me to put those stone fish back in, so I did. The Celluclay in the onsen is still wet, so I can't seal it or add water yet.

I added two clumps of pink flowers, one on either side of where the waterfall will be, and made some daffodils for the other side of the bridge. The leaves that came with the daffodil kit didn't look right, so I glued the flowers into a clump of grass. It looks more convincing this way. I'll arrange the daffodils better tomorrow when the glue is dry.


Just before we closed, I was experimenting with making cat-o-nine tails.

3 comments:

  1. The grounds are looking more and more inviting every day! I sure wish the pond would hurry up and dry so you can put the water in there! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! Some parts of it, like the stone retaining wall and moss and stuff take forever, so I'm trying to do a few fun things like the flowers and deck every day as well.

      It's foggy and dark today, with rain expected for tomorrow, so I don't expect the onsen to dry until I can bring everything home.

      Delete
    2. Argh! Humidity!!! I sure hope that you guys don't get the leftovers from Matthew! It is gloomy here on the left coast today, too! I am going to turn on every light, pretend it is sunny, and make some mini canning jars!

      Delete