How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Worked on the pergola today


Today I added two more supports to the pergola and added a lot of vines. There will be purple "wisteria" on all those vines that are hanging down. Once the wisteria is on, I'll add leaves wherever they are needed, and more vines if it looks like I need them.

All of those vines that are hanging down were a lot of work! I used paper covered floral wire for the large vines, then added the hanging vines by twisting short pieces of plain green wire around a lot of places on the pergola and the main vines.

Once I got all the hanging vines done, I had to start bringing things home for the winter. Today I brought home the roof, top floor, and the base, as well as a lot of other things. I'll bring home more tomorrow. Now I have to go out and unload the truck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is in one piece! (I haven't looked in the back of the truck yet). I do have a cap, so everything wasn't getting windblown on the way home.

Tonight, I will probably try adding some wisteria flowers to the pergola.


No comments:

Post a Comment