How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Monday, October 3, 2016

Outdoor onsen, handwashing basin and more retaining wall work


I did more work on the handwashing basin today. There is a bamboo water pipe made from skewers that will eventually have a small stream of "water" coming out and going down into the top basin. The bigger pipe at the bottom was also supposed to be bamboo, but I never got any convincing bamboo made, so I'm just leaving it as a brass rod. This will also have "water" coming out and going into the basin below. (There is a layer of my glossy cardmaking stuff in there. I need to let each shallow level of water dry before adding more).


This shows my celluclay outdoor onsen, (hot spring). I made a little stream above, and put the bridge over it. The stream will come out of a little stone place in the terrace behind the bridge. I'm thinking that the onsen is still too round, and not natural looking enough, so I may extend it further up the side on the right after I do a little more landscaping. Ignore those little flower beds that are on there now.They were some I made years ago, and I just put them on there because I wanted flowers. They really aren't Japanese style though, so they will soon be gone.

The bottom of the pool will be deeper blue in the center, shading out to lighter blues and greens toward the edges. The stream will have the lighter shades of blues and greens because it will be shallower. The outside walls will be painted to look like rocks. Once I manage to get some "water effects", I will add a little waterfall.


I decided to try more of my little stone fish in the onsen. They were pressed down into the celluclay while it is still wet. I will take them out when I paint the bottom, then try them in it when it's painted. I hope I will like them, but I'm not really sure.


I added more rocks to the retaining wall, and am trying to fill in the cracks with foliage.

3 comments:

  1. Running water! This is amazing. The basin and pipes are well done - can't wait to seem them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running water! This is amazing. The basin and pipes are well done - can't wait to seem them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Elizabeth! Of coarse the "running water" won't be real, I'm going to try to find some Woodland Scenics Water Effects for the water in the basin and the waterfall in the onsen.

    ReplyDelete