How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Friday, April 1, 2016

First tatami room progress and first fusuma

When I started this project, I was going to try to make it authentic to around 1900, but I am having too much fun with my decorative paper, which I don't think would have been used back then, so now I guess it is just a Ryokan I am having fun with!


I have gotten more done on the first tatami room. The raised platform is in, but the tokonoma won't be finished until later. I also made my first fusuma, (sliding door to the rest of the ryokan). In the old days, artists used to paint these, so I decided to use some of my nicest origami papers to decorate the doors.


This photo shows the left wall of the second floor landing. This room will be white to match the reception room below it, but will have this patterned mulberry paper instead of the one with leaves that I used downstairs.

2 comments:

  1. You are flying girl!! Going wicked fast! I just love the wallpaper really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peggy! I just finished the tokonoma,and am about to upload a photograph. You were right about fitting all that stuff in there in your blog, I kept dry fitting everything until I found the easiest order to get it all in!!!

    ReplyDelete