How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Friday, October 28, 2016

More trees and flowers

I started this post earlier today, then didn't get a chance to finish it. Later on in the evening, I did more on the landscaping, so I added those photos as well.



These photos show a new ornamental tree I added to this side of the ryokan. The bottom photo has a better view of the tree, but I forgot to take out some old bushes that are just sitting around in the yard. Those may or may not be used in the landscaping, they were some I made years ago for a different scene. You also can see where I am adding to those formal hedges in the background. They will need more camouflaging before they are done. I already had to flatten out the foliage I'm adding to them, because the extension was rubbing up against the top of them.



These two show the righthand side of the ryokan. I actually made the lavender bush from above for this side, but it was larger than the pink one, and was really too big, so I swapped the two, and put the pink one here. The bottom photo shows more flowers that I added this evening. This side of the ryokan is almost all landscaped, at least for this terrace. Once this is through, I'll concentrate on the middle level on the other side. I still haven't given up on trying a teahouse over there.



These two photos are an overview of the righthand side from a different angle. The top one is from before dinner, and the bottom one is from this evening.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy
    Many thanks for sharing your lovely work of building this wonderful kit. It is the Holy grail for me as I have longed to one day find this kit. How did you find it well done and even more thanks for sharing it. I found you by accident and have just spent the morning reading your blog and look forward to more of the same as you continue your build. Thank you so very very much it is much appreciated and viewed with great envy of your luck in obtaining the complete kit. Take care and have a great Christmas and a Happy new Year. Best wishes Diva from Downunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I haven't had a chance to work on it lately, because I've been busy with the holidays, but I hope to be back at it soon.

      I am a member of the Greenleaf dollhouse forum, and a member there posted it for sale. She included a link to Peggy's blog http://japanesedollshouse.blogspot.com/ and after seeing her house, I knew I had to buy the kit. I feel very lucky to have gotten it. There seem to be very few of these kits around, and I was lucky enough to find one in it's entirety, that had never been started.

      Keep searching, sooner or later, you may get lucky and find another kit for sale!

      Delete