How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

I finished making more irises for the pond, and am getting ready to add "water"


We were gone for most of the day today, but last night, and tonight when we got home, I worked on quite a few more purple irises, and also made a bunch of yellow ones. I think the pool looks much better now.

I'm going to let the glue dry for a couple of hours, then I may pour a shallow layer of Realistic Water before I go to bed tonight. I was very happy with the way it worked in the stream under the bridge, and I can't wait to see it in the pond!

You are supposed to pour it no more than 1/8th inch deep, then let it dry for 24 hours, before pouring another 1/8th inch, so it will be a few days before it is finished, but I don't mind, it will be fun to watch it go from a blue and green hole, to a pond!

I'm not sure about calling this an onsen. I don't think a hot mineral spring would have koi and plants in it, but they add so much more to the pond than if it was just empty, so I added them. I may also do some water lilies after the water is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment