How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

More work on the oudoor onsen, pot hanger, stepping stones and more on the retaining walls


I did some more work on the retaining walls. I like the way the fake moss is filling it all in. In person, you can't see any of the styrofoam behind the rocks, but the camera really magnifies everything. I really need more bags of little rocks though, I'm getting down to only having the smallest ones left.


There are a lot of pot hangers in the photos in the books that came with the kits, so I decided to make one for my house. I am waiting until tomorrow to hang things from it, because I want the glue to have plenty of time to dry.


These are supposed to be stepping stones. I made them with Celluclay. I hope they look more like stepping stones when they are painted and laid on the ground, because they don't look too great right now. My plan is to paint them, and lay them down along stone covered paths.


So far, the onsen looks kind of goofy. I painted it the way it said to on the woodland scenics site. The Celluclay is still pretty wet, so I didn't seal it yet. It's getting so cold here, nothing seems to dry. I did try my heat gun on it, but that didn't help much. Anyway, maybe it will look better when I can seal it and add water!

No comments:

Post a Comment