How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Worked on more accessories today

I'm not terribly excited about what I made today. I made cushions for the last pair of legless chairs, and another set of armrests, used some origami paper to simulate fake yukatas, (everyday kimonos), to fold up and put in the cubby holes in the changing room, finished the inkstone and calligraphy brush for the desk in the reception area, found some tiny stone fish and put them in the kitchen, and made a long handled ladle, and worked on a "granite" tsukubai, or hand washing basin that will sit outside the door to the ryokan.


The inkstone and calligraphy brush look really huge on the desk. I will probably make different ones at some point, because I'm not happy with these.


I have a bunch of tiny stone fish in my stash, and thought I'd try two of them on the table in the kitchen, but I don't really like them on there. The fish are really cool though, so I will probably try to use them in some other way.


The yukata look too tiny in the cubbies, but they aren't that bad, I'll leave them for now.

I didn't show the tsukubai, because it isn't quite finished, and I'm not sure I'm happy with that either.

I think I need to send for some things so I have more to work with. Making do with found objects isn't always satisfying, but waiting for packages is really fun. Maybe it will get me out of the doldrums!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! New stuff is always a good cure for the doldrums! It is gray and cloudy now - probably going to be that way until the spring, so I need some mini shopping to keep me looking forward!

    ReplyDelete