How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Got a soldering kit so I can work on lighting, also some miniatures


Today we went off the island to go grocery shopping. Our Radio Shack is having a close out sale, so I went in and bought this soldering kit at 60% off so I will be ready to work on the lights for my ryokan. The tracking says the lighting will arrive tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!


We also stopped in to a little antique/vintage shop, and I saw these figures. They are marked "Van Brode Clinton, Mass". I looked them up and saw that they were included in the company's cereal in the 1950's.

They are about 2" tall, and there are a lot more of them available. I got these six for $1 each. At some point, it might be quite fun to paint them, and make a miniature theater roombox, with backdrops of the countries they represent. I could make little platforms on either side of the stage with the figures waiting in the wings for their turn to perform.

They aren't very expensive or rare, so I don't think I would mind painting them, and it would be a fun project!

3 comments:

  1. My comment did not publish yesterday, I apologize. I love the idea of a miniature theater w cultural backdrops. The figures are so interesting - are they plastic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment did not publish yesterday, I apologize. I love the idea of a miniature theater w cultural backdrops. The figures are so interesting - are they plastic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea too Elizabeth. It would be so much fun, and so different! Yeah, the figures are plastic, but it is a nice plastic that looks like ivory, rather than looking cheap. They are pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete