How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Adding some copper accessories


Today I was going through my boxes of stuff I've had forever, and I came across a lot of copper things. Not everything is really in scale with each other, but it does make the ryokan look more "lived in", so I will use it until I can replace some of the things that are really out of scale. (The knives are really huge compared to the pans, but I'll keep them there until I find or make some better ones).

The pans and things on the walls are stuck up there with wax, just so I could decide where to put them. Over the copper pans on the left, I made something to hang pots on, and I am working on more of those so I can hang more things on each wall. They are a narrow strip of wood which I stained. Next, I drilled tiny holes and glued common pins in each hole to act as hangers. The pins were cut off quite short, and then I glued the first one to the wall. I will hang the pots on it tomorrow, once the glue has had time to harden. There will be a matching hanger at the same level on each section of wall.

The "pans" over the sink are actually some jewelry findings that my granddaughter saw when we went to the craft stores in August. They were meant to hold cabachons, but they really do look like pans!

The copper pails were also in the box of stuff I've had for years, and I think they look cute in and under the sink. I had a lot more of the copper, but I gave it away a couple of years ago. Now I wish I still had it, because some of the pieces were really unusual. I'm not thrilled with the broom, but it helps fill the kitchen up.


Here is some more of the copper. The cups are really large compared to the other things, but they are pretty, so I have them in there for now. There is also a copper pan with two handles, and two deep bowl things that also have two handles. The copper items on the cabinet on the right are a pitcher and a thing that looks kind of like a spittoon.

I'm not sure where everything will end up eventually, but at least the main part of the kitchen is a little less bare now.


I put another little copper bucket under the sink in the changing room. As I look at these pictures, I am realizing that I still have a lot of things left to do to the ryokan, but that is good, because I love working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment