How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Worked on more accessories today


I worked on a lot of accessories for the ryokan today. The first thing I did was to add some tiny sticks to the stove. I like it better now!


The next thing I tried to do was to add some burnt sticks to the irori. I actually tried to burn some real sticks, but the only lighter I could find was an almost empty one that I use to light candles when the power is out. I got a few burnt, but not enough before the lighter stopped working, so I'll have to try to remember to get a lighter tomorrow. I did add some vegetables to the little pot that hangs over the irori. I used paper glaze to glue them in. The other bowl is one of my sushi bowls. The wax I used to hold everything in isn't noticeable in real life, but it shows up a lot in the photo.


I'm trying to work on something for the other rooms besides the kitchen at this point, so I decided to put some of the cocktail umbrellas from my stash into an umbrella holder. They really look too big, and I think I will age them a bit because they are too bright for my taste. The holder is also from my stash. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be. It is wooden, and has five tiny holes inside, that I stuck the ends of the umbrellas into. It also has a big hole drilled into the back side of it. I have no idea what that is for, but it is an interesting piece, and the five little holes were great for arranging the umbrellas. I don't like the design I put on it, but I'm not much of an artist, so it will have to do until I get some nice Japanese vases and things to replace it with.


I hung the scroll I made from the kit last winter in this room. I need to print some more designs out so I can make scrolls for the other rooms.


This is what happens when someone distracts you. While I was staining these buckets and barrels, we had some company. I stuck them in the house quickly, then forgot to paint the bands around them after the company left. I never noticed it until Just now!!! I'm not sure yet what the barrels will "contain", but they are in there waiting for a decision.


There is a little ink stone in one of the books that came with the kit. I think it was supposed to be made with paper, but I made mine from Fimo. It will go on the receptionist's desk. The calligraphy brush is made from the end of one of the umbrellas. (I trimmed the umbrellas down when I put them in the stand). The other things are very tiny Fimo cups I made. The Fimo stuff is waiting to be baked. I like to wait until I have quite a lot of stuff before I bake. Hopefully I will have enough done tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could decoupage some colorful tissue paper onto the umbrella stand? Then paint over the top with gloss varnish? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea Jodi, I think I may try that! I can't draw a stick figure, so decoupage would probably be much nicer!

    ReplyDelete