How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Got the second floor rewired, and worked on the lighting agan

Today I finished rewiring the second floor, so the ryokan is back together again except for the parts of the stairs that have to be removed every time I take it apart. I also made another light for the top floor, put a nano chip into the crooked little floor lamp I built last winter, started making lamps to go on either side of the portico, and started making battery boxes to go on the back of the ryokan.


This is a closeup of the lamp I made for the kitchen.


This is the one in the reception room.


Here is the one in the spa.


This is the a photo of all the lights lit, and the photo below is a closeup of the two floors that are wired. I definitely need to tone down the light in the phonebooth, but that will be easy. All you need to do with LEDs is to paint them with a little acrylic paint! I love the fact that they don't get hot, so they can be used anywhere.

I still haven't found the battery connector thing for the third floor lights though. :-(

4 comments:

  1. Love the way the Toro lamp came out. I hadn't thought of getting hold of super tiny LEDs. You're making great progress!! I really like the lampshades too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peggy,I got the lights from the same place as you got yours. They are the LED nano chips in Pico size. It makes it so easy to wire things that are already assembled! They come in both 9 volt and 3 volt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so realistic! Are these the ones you made with your die cutting machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, yes, they are! They are actually really heavy metallic card stock. They were a lot easier than making lights with tiny sticks of wood!!!

      I have a Spellbinders Grand Calibur, but I want to get their platinum machine so I will be able to cut thin metal and balsa wood.

      Delete