How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Lacquerware, teapots and sushi canes


Today I finished a few imitation lacquerware dishes. I also decided to add some tiny lampwork teapot beads from my stash. I put a few of those into each room so those rooms wouldn't look so bare. Two of the rooms I added them to are in the top picture, and two in the bottom one.


I'm going to make a larger table for the gold room in the photo above. There were only two tables for the three tatami rooms. There is supposed to be a futon in one of the rooms rather than a table, but I really don't like the looks of the futons as much as I do the tables, so if I do a futon, it will be at a later date. You can see the little ivory lantern I showed yesterday, on the stand in this room.


The photo above shows my first attempts at Fimo sushi canes. I made two different kinds, but they are so tiny I can't see the difference in them without using a magnifying glass. At least now I know I can make them easily, so I will be able to make some more that don't look quite so much like these. From the amount of canes I haven't sliced up yet, I can see that I will have a never ending supply of sushi!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the sushi canes! They look really good! And the accessories are really setting the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jodi, it's really fun adding the accessories!

    ReplyDelete