How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

More progress on the roof


Yesterday and today I put the little skinny pieces outside the main framework. It sure was a lot of work! There are some pieces I will have to adjust, because even after hours of trying to get everything straight there are a lot of crooked ones.

It was almost impossible to clamp most of this, I used a combination of masking tape, clothespins, and little bar clamps. Whatever worked best on each section. There are still three clothespins clamping some of the corners. I'm beginning to think I'll never get it all straight, but I've got to try!

Some of the parts look darker than others. It's because the outside edges of some will show after the house is finished, so I stained some of those, while other things were drying. Other parts of this just look dark because of the lighting. It's pretty dark in here, so parts of this were in shadow.

Most of this framework will never be seen.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete