How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Top right tatami room


Today I started the top floor. This photo shows how tall it's getting. (I should have set it a little straighter before I took the picture though)! This is the last tatami room. It will have a tokonoma like the other tatami rooms. I used pale yellow mulberry paper, with metallic coppery gold flowers on two of the walls. Now that I'm staining the wooden parts that need it while I am visiting my mother, the rooms are coming along much faster.

The two other rooms on this floor are the central hallway, and the room with the irori, or firepit in the center. After that, it will be the porches and their overhangs, then the roof. I understand that the roof is quite an undertaking!

I can't believe I have this much done already!

No comments:

Post a Comment