How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Fusuma and floor in the irori room


I installed the fusuma to the irori (firepit) room, and installed the floor. The fusuma in this room has a grated window in the center of each side. This fusuma was supposed to have paper over the windows, but like Peggy did with her ryokan, I decided to leave mine open as well.

I need to put another coat of varnish on the floor when this one dries. In the next kit, I will be building and installing the irori.


This is the side of the fusuma facing the hallway. I decided to use some chiyogami paper I had that had butterflies in it.

The rooms aren't attached to each other yet, which is why there is a gap between the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment