How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Still working on the roof

We were gone over the long weekend, so I didn't get a chance to work on the ryokan for a few days. I'm still working on the roof, trying to get all the framework straight, and get some very thin sheets of wood under the eaves. It involves a lot of sanding and fitting, and is a real pain. I'll post pictures soon.

I've had a lot of people come to the gift shop to see the rest of the house, and everyone loves it. Today, a lady from Japan came in, and we had so much fun looking at it. She taught me how to pronounce "ryokan" correctly, and taught me so many things. I was so glad she came in! She was very surprised to come to a tiny island in Maine and see a traditional Japanese miniature ryokan in a building that used to be a clam factory!

Anyway, I've had a lot of busy days. I'll post new photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment