How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Top right porch and extension progress, top floor hallway


This is a view of the whole ryokan with the top right porch and extension on. I still have to do the shoji and sliding "glass" doors on the porch, then it will be ready for the railing and shingled overhang like on the floor below.

So far, I have just painted all the porches inside and out with the same cream paint as on the outside of the ryokan, to keep them all matching from the outside. I may add some art work to them later on.


The top floor hallway us finished except for another of those plants where you have to cut an endless amount of leaves and glue them to wire and bamboo. This one is supposed to look like bamboo plants coming out of a base. There will also be shoe stones in front of each door.

I haven't put in the top of the staircase yet because I am going to be moving this up to the gift shop very soon, and I didn't want to break it, so I just added the railings around the top.

I am not going to permanently join all the floors to each other. I'm going to try to keep each floor separate, and maybe use magnets to keep them together, so it will be easy to separate them to move the house. I really want to take it to some shows when it is completed, and it will be very difficult to move it if it's all together. I want to try to figure out a way to attach the top parts of the stairs so they can be removed easily as well.

I also just purchased a set of five LEDs that run on battery from Miniatures.com. As soon as I get to making the ceiling lights, I am going to try wiring those, and doing the first floor. If the ones I got work out, I'll try wiring each floor separately with more sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment