How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Working on the roof

On Sunday, we went off the island and I got a new Dremel and flexible shaft for it. The dremel is variable speed, and the flexible shaft is light and easy to use. Much nicer than the old one I used to have! I was able to set the tool to a speed I was comfortable with, and managed to get the middle floor hinged yesterday. Today, it was rainy and cold, so we didn't open the shop, but I hope tomorrow is warmer so I can get to work on hinging the top floor. I am also building another dollhouse, the Greenleaf Orchid, for my granddaughter for her birthday, so I may not get to it, if I get too busy on her house.

I've been working on the roof for the ryokan in the evenings at home.


This is the completed framing for the roof. It's a bit difficult not to be able to read Japanese for this step. I downloaded the google translate app to my phone, but there is no cellphone signal at my house. It was great when my wifi worked, but my DSL internet has been running at 12 kbs lately, and sometimes not at all. Fairpoint just keeps trying to make me buy a more expensive internet. Since they took over from Verizon, my internet has gone from around 100 kbs to between 12 and 20. Most of the time now, it's slower than the old dial up modem I had back in the 1990's. Anyway, the wifi and my beautiful Asus router don't like those speeds, and now I do better by plugging directly into the modem. (The modem is new, I bought a new one in case the problem was with the old one, but it wasn't. It was Fairpoint slowing me down even more because I'm grandfathered in to a lower price, and they don't like it).

Anyway, I can't use the app,so I'm really having a hard time figuring out exactly what I am supposed to be doing on the roof. It's mostly trial and error, trying to figure out what to do from the pictures, and holding everything up against the roof to see if it seems to be right before I glue.

Lots of skinny little pieces I have to figure out for tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment