How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Changing Room Doors and working on 2nd floor left side room


I found out the the doors from the changing room to the spa are sliding doors, not shojis, as I expected them to be. I'm not disappointed, they look nice, but the frosted "glass" for the windows in the doors was quite small, and there isn't a lot holding it in there.

Straight through the doors, to the right of the sink, you can also see part of a small bench with a tiny tatami on it that I made today.


This is the start of the second floor tatami room on the left. I used more mulberry paper, but I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I have so many fancy papers, and I really like using them, but I'm not sure it is authentic.

The back wall will be where the tokonoma is. (A divided section with a raised floor on one side, where a scroll and ikebana are displayed). The other half of that wall holds cabinets and shelves. (I think that is called something else, but it might be just part of the tokonoma, I have to look that up again).

This is a six tatami room. I built the little table and two more legless chairs today as well. They still need to be varnished. I may not make the cushions for the chairs yet, somewhere I have some really beautiful cloth I would love to use on them, so I'm going to wait on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment