How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

My first Tatami Mats, and working on the Spa


I made my first two tatami mats. The black cloth borders could have been straighter. You have to cut narrow strips from a larger piece of cloth to make them, and I should have put the straightest edges on top, and the less straight ones on the bottom.

I also got two little legless chairs and their cushions done, as well as the second tansu. (cupboard). This tansu also took quite a while to make, and get it so all the drawers open, and the doors slide.


This photo shows the bamboo decorated half wall between the spa and the entryway. It isn't really in place right now, I just sat it there to take a picture of it, that's why the bottom of the bamboo shows.


This shows sort of what the spa is going to look like. Everything is just sitting there for show. There will be water in the pool eventually. I will need to tint the clear plastic vacuformed water, and the top pile of the corner rocks will be above water, and the bottom half below it. It is supposed to be tinted with white, but I will probably tint it with a blue-green color. I will probably try either Future floor wax and food coloring, or alcohol inks to tint it. Hopefully one of those will will work.

You can just see the little brass faucets in the flat rocks on the wall. I expect those are to rinse with before you get into the spa. You can also barely see two of the very tiny buckets sitting on the floor. Those were a pain to do, since you have to wind pieces of copper wire around the tops and bottoms of them, and twist the wire at the end. I had no idea these were going to be so unbelievably tiny!!!


This aerial view shows the rocks in the corner of the spa. There will be a bamboo pipe coming out of a hole in the center with fake water running down into the pool.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete