How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Another wall and some accessories


Today I put the last wall onto the kitchen of my Japanese house. I am using some picture frame clamps to hold it all together. I'll take photos of the inside once I attach it all to the floor.

The wall behind the accessories is the wall that will be facing inside the entryway. I have a lot of Mulberry papers, so I decided to put some on this wall. The paper is translucent, and has raised leaves on it.

I used mulberry paper with bits of grass in the sliding door. (The other sliding door will be installed next).

The large cabinet on the left took days to make. It has three sliding doors and seven drawers, and was a royal pain! After a lot of sanding, I finally got it together, and all the doors slide, and the drawers open.

Also in the picture are shelves for the kitchen, a small screen, and a little stool. I still need to put a coat of varnish on those.


Last Saturday, we ate at a Sushi Bar, and I took pictures of a saki barrel there so I would be able to see how it was made. I may try a miniature one at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment