How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Still working on the roof

Since starting my granddaughter's house, the progress on the ryokan has slowed down so much. I can't wait to get back to working on it full time!

Here's what I have been doing lately. It looks a lot like the last photo, but I had to cut very thin sheets of wood to size and mount them to the outside framework. They will be under the eaves of the roof.


Before attaching them, I had to make sure all the framework was very even, and sand anything that wasn't. It was a very long process.

Now, I am staining some parts of the framework that will show even when the tiles are on. The next step after I attach those is supposed to be cutting and fitting some heavy black paper to the framework, which will support the tiles. Then, there will be little sticks to cut and fit under the eaves. These will be like the ones on the porch overhangs. I will probably install all of those before I do the paper though, because Peggy found it difficult to clamp them on her house once the paper was on.

No comments:

Post a Comment