How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Sunday, January 27, 2019

I'm still hanging in there

I haven't worked on the ryokan at all, partly because of hospital visits, but mostly because of money. I did find another blog with the same ryokan. This one is in the UK, and her blog is here. She has a lot of other beautiful crafts on the blog as well as her ryokan build.

Peggy, if you see this, I just found your comment from last August, and I replied on that post. I just found the blog above from one of the comments on your Orangery when I went over to see how you are doing. I see your blog has really helped another ryokan builder!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comments. I totally agree about how helpful Pavluv's blog is and I will be studying her posts re the roof closely, thanks for the tip. I've also referred to yours for extra detail. I'm just cleaning up some leftover furniture kits up to kit 90 first. Tags don't work on my blog as I cover so many projects in each post, some of which are over in a few days/weeks, and some which drag on literally for years (or even decades) because I work on so many things simultaneously. I tried it briefly for a while but it just wasn't feasible. But I think I've mentioned the ryokan almost every weekly post since I started it in mid Feb 2018. I purposely didn't make a separate blog the way I have done for some of my other house builds since I thought it very unlikely anyone else would be making this now discontinued partwork. I've only found four or five builds online (including yours). thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, after I posted that comment and looked at more on your blog, I realized labels wouldn't work. I was so glad that there were posts on almost every page though, I love seeing what other people are doing on their blogs. We are so lucky to have these rare houses. I think the ryokan is probably the most interesting kit in the world! On Pavluv's blog, the most important tip is to put the little sticks under the eaves before putting the black paper on so you have a place to clamp them while they are drying!

      I love your bobbin lace. I have done that before too, and it's a lot of work, but it's so beautiful! I wish I had had the internet when I used to make mine. There is so much more information available now. I actually sent to the UK for a bunch of old books with patterns in them, because it was so hard to get information here. In those days, it was so hard to even get a check so we could send for things in other countries. Our bank, (I'm on a tiny island in Maine), they couldn't do it, so I used to have to drive to a bank a couple of hours away just to get a check that would work in England! There was no way to use a credit card for purchasing through their catalogues!

      Delete