How to see all posts

A number of people have found it difficult to see the whole blog. At the bottom of each page, there is a "newer post" and an "older post" link. just click on these to see more posts. There is also a list of pages by month in the left sidebar.

Friday, June 17, 2016

More Tiling on the Roof

Yesterday I brought the ryokan roof up to the gift shop. I had been working on it at home, and working on a dollhouse for my granddaughter while at work.


The top photo was taken this morning. It was the first time I have had the roof on the house. (I should have made sure the extensions were all the way closed before I took the photo though).


I took this photo just before I came home tonight. I am trying so hard to do a good job cutting and laying these tiles, but they just aren't coming out as good as I would like them to be. I'm hoping filling in gaps with black Fimo isn't going to be in my future, but I'm afraid it will be. At the moment, I am using an X-Acto saw to cut the tiles. The first blade is getting pretty dull, so I may have to send for a few new blades. I think the roof is going to take a very long time, since there will be so much cutting and fitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment